Guilin, Yangshuo and Rice Terraces Photography
Private photo tour, travel by your pace. Instructed by local professional photographer guides.
This tour covers almost all the best photography locations and sessions in Guilin, including sunrise and sunset, mountains and rivers, rice terraces and fields, ancient towns and villages, local people and cormorant fishermen.
Starting from Guilin at 8 am, we head to Ping’an village at Longji rice terraces, the second-largest minority village in the Longji area.
We shoot views of the rice terraces and of minority women in traditional dress walking in the terraced fields.
In the late afternoon, we move on to Dazhai village, and visit a local minority family. Photograph an old minority couple in their traditional wooden house. It's very photogenic, and might result in some good entries for photo competitions.
Hike uphill for around 2 hours to a village hotel, and stay overnight in the village.
- Photography guide
- Transportation in private van
- All entrance fees to photography locations
- Costs for fishermen and family visits
- Personal processing instructions
- Fresh Coffee if outdoor in early morning
- Airport/railway station pick up and transfer
- Flight/train to Guilin
- Travel insurance
- Tips for guide and driver if satisfied
It's a private photo tour. You are the only leading role.
Based on your budget and perference, we can suggest or book budget hostels, boutique hotels and luxury hotels for you.
For your reference, the boutique hotel is USD 80-100 per room/night.
Telling us your requirements, such as adding one more day or making it shorter, or focus on landscapes more. We can easily design a new itinerary by your interests.
Two cameras will be very helpful, it will save your time to change the lenses. Better to have one full frame body with regular lens, and one half frame for zoom lens.
For sunrise, 24-70 and 70-200 are needed; at sunset, 70-200 is more useful.
Besides, if would be great if you have a primary lens with big aperture (1.4 or 1.8) for low light indoor photography.
Tripod is very necessary of course. We prepare at least 2 tripods for backup, you can bring your ball head only and use it on our tripod if concerning about the weight of your luggages.
I don't think you will use polarizer filters or ND filters in Xiapu.
Besides, it will be great if you can bring a mini tripod for your mobile phone, lots of opportunities to film time-lapse when tide coming.
- Deposit: a USD 300 non refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot.
- Full Payment: is required 40 days prior to the tour starts and is accepted by PayPal, Alipay and Wechat.
- Refund Policy:
- a full refund if you could find a replacement.
- there will be a 50% refund of balance payment on cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the scheduled date of departure
- a 25% refund between 30 and 15 days prior date of departure
- a 10% refund on cancellations made less than 15 days of departure
- Initial deposit will be retained.
Mercier Zeng designed the itinerary based on years experience, he will guide the workshop by himself.
Mercier guided 300+ photographers from all over the world, and got over 100 excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. Some photographers traveled with him 3 even 5 times in Guilin. He helped beginners and pros to get the portfolio shots since 2014.
Mercier traveled many photography destinations overseas, like Myanmar, Vietnam, Thailand, New Zealand to get to know more about photographers' needs.