Gannan Mysterious Land 2024
Explore Gannan's enchanting "Little Tibet," a vibrant and untouched realm lauded by Chinese National Geographic as a must-see destination in a lifetime's wanderings. Immerse yourself in the exquisite blend of Tibetan traditions and breathtaking highland vistas. Embark on this indelible expedition with us!
Cities Covered: Lanzhou - Xiahe - Zhagana - Tangke - Aba - Hezuo
- Duration 8 days, 7 nights
- Group size Less than 8
- Date August 15-22, 2024
- Fitness level Medium
- Drone friendly Yes
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1: Lanzhou Arrival
When you arrive at Lanzhou airport or train station, we will be ready to take you to your hotel.
Here are some free ideas for day trips:
- Visit the Gansu Provincial Museum to see ancient objects from the northwest area.
- Try the famous local dish - beef noodles, and watch how they make a bowl of noodles super fast.
- Take beautiful sunset pictures and enjoy the lively nighttime scene by the Yellow River.
Day 2: Lanzhou - Xiahe
Set out on a morning trip to Xiahe, a Tibetan region.
Explore the Bingling Temple Grottoes, a renowned UNESCO World Heritage site famous for its hundreds of ancient grottoes constructed over a millennium ago.
Stay overnight in Xiahe.
Day 3: Xiahe - Langmusi
Discover the Labrang Monastery, one of the six main temples of the Gelug Sect of Tibetan Buddhism. Be amazed by the longest row of prayer wheels in the world and take photos of Tibetan followers as they turn the wheels with devotion.
Head to the enchanting Ganjia Secret Realm. With its 1300-meter vertical drop and unique geological features, it offered diverse landscapes like cliffs, grasslands, lakes, and canyons.
Drive to Langmusi in the late afternoon, capturing the beauty of Tibetan life on the grasslands and overnight there.
Day 4: Langmusi - Zhagana
Set off early to Langmusi and catch the beautiful sunrise on the pagodas and monasteries.
Then, keep going to Zhagana (means the stone town), where you can take pictures of the pretty grasslands and traditional Tibetan houses.
Overnight in Zhagana.
Day 5: Zhagana - Tangke
Capture the beautiful sunrise in Zhagana, where old houses are surrounded by clouds.
Continue your journey to the Huahu Scenery Area, where you can photograph the interplay of light and shadow on the lake's surface as the sun illuminates it.
Upon reaching Tangke before sunset, seize the opportunity to photograph the First Bend of the Yellow River from a charming vantage point. Entire valley will be bathed in golden hues at sunset, creating a truly enchanting atmosphere.
Day 6: Tangke - Aba
In the morning, we'll drive to Lianbao Yezhe scenic area to capture mountains and flowing waters. Take a light hike to the lesser-known "Hidden Lake" to photograph its natural beauty. Visit the "Summit Viewing Platform" for a great view and stop by the famous "Zhaga'er Cuo" lake to capture its unique mountain landscape.
Before sunset, we'll reach Baita Lake. With the lake in the front and the rugged peaks of Lianbao Yezhe in the back, it creates a perfect mix of calmness and strength for our photos.
Day 7: Aba - Hezuo
Visit the Milariba Buddha Pavilion and photograph the temple, Buddha figurines, Thangkas, and Tibetan monks.
Drive to Hezuo in the afternoon.
Overnight in Hezuo.
Day 8: Hezuo - Lanzhou
After a delightful breakfast, it's time to say goodbye to this wonderful journey and make our way back to Lanzhou, which is approximately a 3-hour drive.
We'll ensure you reach the Lanzhou airport or train station in time for your departure. Safe travels!.
- Photography guide + local professional
- Private van transportation
- 8-night accommodation (5-star or best in local)
- Inclusive entrance fees to photography locations
- Personalized processing instructions
- Complimentary Fresh Coffee for Early Morning Outdoor Shoots
- Lanzhou Railway Station/Airport pick-up & transfer
- Arrival and departure flight/train
- Travel insurance
- Meals (lunch & dinner)
- Gratuity for guide and driver if satisfied
Max. number of participants: 6 | Min. number: 3.
- Participants will be accommodated in the best local hotels, with single occupancy provided.
- The price per participant – USD $3,100 for single occupancy | USD $2,750 for shared occupancy
To ensure a smooth photography experience, it is recommended to bring two cameras, one full frame body with a regular lens and one half frame for a zoom lens, to avoid time spent on lens changes.
A 24-70 and 70-200 lens are necessary for sunrise, while a 70-200 lens is more useful for sunset photography. Additionally, a primary lens with a big aperture (1.4 or 1.8) is recommended for low-light indoor photography.
Tripod and head light/torch light are necessary. It would also be great if you could bring a mini tripod for your mobile phone to capture time-lapse footage during sunrise and sunset.
Polarizer filters and ND filters are optional.
- Deposit: To reserve your spot, a non-refundable deposit of USD 900 is required.
- Full Payment: is due 40 days before the tour begins and can be made via PayPal, Alipay, or Wechat.
- Refund Policy:
- If you are able to find a replacement, a full refund will be issued.
- Cancelling under 30 days before departure grants a 50% balance refund.
- For cancellations between 30 and 15 days before departure, a 25% refund will be given.
- Cancellations made less than 15 days before departure are subject to a 10% refund
- Please note that the initial deposit will be retained
Having years of experience, Mercier Zeng has designed the itinerary for the workshop and will personally lead it.
Mercier has earned over 100 excellent reviews on Trip Advisor after guiding more than 300 photographers from various parts of the world. He has even accompanied some photographers on multiple occasions to Guilin, guiding them since 2014 and helping them capture portfolio-worthy shots, regardless of their level of expertise.
In order to better understand the needs of photographers, Mercier has also traveled to several photography destinations overseas, including Myanmar, Vietnam, Thailand, and New Zealand.
I'm glad to meet you in Xiapu
Come join the tour custom-designed by Mercier Zeng and bring great shots home together!