China Endangered Wildlife: Golden Monkey and More
The goal is to capture images of the rare wildlife of China's Qinling Mountains, known as the 'BIG 4.'
The 'BIG 4' consists of the golden monkey, giant panda, Asian crested ibis, and takin.
In addition, to immerse oneself in the culture and lifestyle of the Shaanxi and Shanxi regions.
- Destinations Taiyuan, Hanzhong, Xi'an (Shaanxi)
- Duration 8 days, 7 nights
- Group size 8
- Date September 9-16, 2024
- Fitness level Medium
- Drone friendly No
Stay overnight in Taiyuan for today.
We will have a welcome dinner together, and the leader will introduce the photography trip at night in the hotel.
- English-speaking expert photographer guiding
- All transportation in the itinerary
- Accommodation (comfort or boutique) for 7 nights
- Personal processing instructions
- Fresh Coffee if outdoor in early morning
- Travel Insurrance
- Flight/train to Taiyuan
- Personal expense
- All meals (lunch and dinner)
- Tips for the guide and driver if satisfied
Max. number of participants: 8; Min. number: 4.
- Accommodation is provided in local best hotels and based on 2-people per room.
- Price per participant – USD $3000 single occupancy | USD $2700 for shared occupancy
Two cameras will be very helpful, it will save your time to change the lenses. Better to have one full frame body with regular lens, and one half frame for zoom lens.
For sunrise, 24-70 and 70-200 are needed; at sunset, 70-200 is more useful.
Besides, if would be great if you have a primary lens with big aperture (1.4 or 1.8) for low light indoor photography.
Tripod is very necessary of course. We prepare at least 2 tripods for backup, you can bring your ball head only and use it on our tripod if concerning about the weight of your luggages.
I don't think you will use polarizer filters or ND filters in Xiapu.
Besides, it will be great if you can bring a mini tripod for your mobile phone, lots of opportunities to film time-lapse when tide coming.
- Deposit: a USD 300 non refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot.
- Full Payment: is required 40 days prior to the tour starts and is accepted by PayPal.
- Refund Policy:
- a full refund if you could find a replacement.
- there will be a 50% refund of balance payment on cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the scheduled date of departure
- a 25% refund between 30 and 15 days prior date of departure
- a 10% refund on cancellations made less than 15 days of departure
- Initial deposit will be retained.
Having years of experience, Mercier Zeng has designed the itinerary for the workshop and will personally lead it.
Mercier has earned over 100 excellent reviews on Trip Advisor after guiding more than 300 photographers from various parts of the world. He has even accompanied some photographers on multiple occasions to Guilin, guiding them since 2014 and helping them capture portfolio-worthy shots, regardless of their level of expertise.
In order to better understand the needs of photographers, Mercier has also traveled to several photography destinations overseas, including Myanmar, Vietnam, Thailand, and New Zealand.
I'm glad to meet you in China
Join the tour that specially designed by Mercier Zeng and bring great shots home togather!