Guilin & Guizhou Photo Workshop
This 7 days Guilin and Guizhou photo workshop offers you the best photography sessions at the best times of year.
Anticipate capturing stunning images such as the rolling seas of clouds, misty mountain peaks, sunrise over the flooded rice paddies, long-haired minority women strolling through rice fields, a buffalo farmer on an old bridge, elderly locals sitting in front of their wooden homes, and cormorant fishermen casting their nets against the captivating backdrop of the sunset.
- Destination Guilin, Sanjiang, Zhaoxing
- Duration 7 days, 6 nights
- Group size 6
- Date October 10-16, 2023
- Fitness level Medium
- Drone friendly Yes
Arrival in Guilin, and stay overnight in downtown. Take pleasure in the city's lively nightlife by exploring the charming lakes.
- English-speaking expert photographer guiding
- All transportation in the itinerary
- Accommodation (comfort or boutique) for 6 nights
- Personal processing instructions
- Fresh Coffee if outdoor in early morning
- Flight/train to Guilin
- Travel insurance
- Airport/train station pick up and transfer
- Tips for the guide and driver if satisfied
Max. number of participants: 6; Min. number: 3.
- Accommodation is provided in villages with best options or boutique hotels in downtown.
- Price per participant – USD $1,790 single occupancy | USD $1,600 for shared occupancy
Two cameras will be very helpful, it will save your time to change the lenses. Better to have one full frame body with regular lens, and one half frame for zoom lens.
For sunrise, 24-70 and 70-200 are needed; at sunset, 70-200 is more useful.
Besides, if would be great if you have a primary lens with big aperture (1.4 or 1.8) for low light indoor photography.
Tripod is very necessary of course. We prepare at least 2 tripods for backup, you can bring your ball head only and use it on our tripod if concerning about the weight of your luggages.
I don't think you will use polarizer filters or ND filters in Xiapu.
Besides, it will be great if you can bring a mini tripod for your mobile phone, lots of opportunities to film time-lapse when tide coming.
- Deposit: a USD 300 non refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot.
- Full Payment: is required 40 days prior to the tour starts and is accepted by PayPal.
- Refund Policy:
- a full refund if you could find a replacement.
- there will be a 50% refund of balance payment on cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the scheduled date of departure
- a 25% refund between 30 and 15 days prior date of departure
- a 10% refund on cancellations made less than 15 days of departure
- Initial deposit will be retained.
Having years of experience, Mercier Zeng has designed the itinerary for the workshop and will personally lead it.
Mercier has earned over 100 excellent reviews on Trip Advisor after guiding more than 300 photographers from various parts of the world. He has even accompanied some photographers on multiple occasions to Guilin, guiding them since 2014 and helping them capture portfolio-worthy shots, regardless of their level of expertise.
In order to better understand the needs of photographers, Mercier has also traveled to several photography destinations overseas, including Myanmar, Vietnam, Thailand, and New Zealand.
I'm glad to meet you in China
Come join the tour custom-designed by Mercier Zeng and bring great shots home together!