Huangshan & Wuyuan Autumn Foliage 2024
Experience the enchanting golden autumn in Huangshan and immerse yourself in the captivating deep autumn of Wuyuan within a span of 8 days.
- Embark on a photographic journey to capture the charm of ancient villages and architectural wonders.
- Witness the spectacle of sunrise rays filtering through autumn foliage, casting a magical glow over residential houses.
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant scenes of local traditions, as you capture the sight of chili, corn, and other harvest drying on rooftops.
- Marvel at the breathtaking landscapes of the Yellow Mountains, capturing the majestic beauty of sunrise and sunset.
- Photograph the awe-inspiring rocky mountains, ethereal sea of clouds, and grand canyons, preserving their magnificence through your lens.
Cities Covered: Wuyuan - Huangshan
- Duration 8 days, 7 nights
- Group size Less than 6
- Date November 15-22, 2024
- Fitness level Medium
- Drone friendly Partial
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-2: Huangshan Arrival, Huangling - Wuyuan
Arrive in Huangshan and spend the first night in the downtown area.
Visit a village to capture locals making old-style cast iron pots.
Next, head to Huangling, known as the "Home of Autumn Sun." Take pictures of autumn sunlight, old streets, and villages—it's a great spot for autumn photography.
In the evening, photograph bamboo rafts, fishing scenes, old villages, and the peaceful countryside at Moon Bay.
Stay overnight in Wuyuan.
Day 3: Zhangcun - Jujing Village - Shicheng
In the morning, we'll go to Zhangcun for pictures of a zigzag wooden bridge, bamboo rafts, old villages, and the peaceful countryside. There's even a fishing boat with nets set up for photography.
Afterward, head to Yaoli Ancient Town to capture the beauty of the Yao River and its surroundings.
In the afternoon, we'll visit Jujing, known as the "Roundest Village on Earth" in China, photograph the round ancient village and the night view of Jujing.
Day 4: Shicheng - Qinghua Umbrelle Factory - Youshancun
Head to Shicheng in the morning to capture the misty scenes of Cheng Village with its old pink houses and black roofs.
Later, we'll visit the Qinghua Umbrella Factory to see how they make traditional handmade umbrellas and more.
In the afternoon, we'll head to Youshan Village, the biggest old village in Wuyuan. Capture pictures of small bridges, flowing water, rural homes, and farmhouse kitchens.
Day 5: Duichongcun - Wan'an Ancient Village - Tachuan - Xieli - Hongcun
Set out to Wuyuan's Duihong Village in the early morning, where red maple trees and morning mist create a picturesque scene.
In the afternoon, our focus shifts to Tachuan, where we'll frame shots of red autumn leaves, charming villages, and colorful houses.
As evening approaches, our lenses will turn to the illuminated sights of South Lake, Moon Pool, and Chengzhi Hall in Hongcun, ensuring a captivating conclusion to our day of photography.
Day 6-7: Yellow Mountains
We plan to dedicate three days and two nights to photographing the breathtaking landscapes of the Yellow Mountains. Our focus will be on capturing stunning moments during both sunrise and sunset, highlighting the rocky peaks.
Additionally, we aim to photograph the enchanting morning clouds, distinctive pine trees, and the grand canyons and valleys that grace the area.
To maximize our photo opportunities, we'll be staying in two different hotels during our time on the Yellow Mountains.
Day 8: Sunrise and Huangshan Departure
We will have our final sunrise session on the Yellow Mountain.
Following that, we will descend the mountain and return to Huangshan downtown around noon. At this time, we will provide transportation to either the railway station or the airport for your departure.
- Photography guide + local professional
- Private van transportation
- 8-night accommodation (5-star or best in local)
- Inclusive entrance fees to photography locations
- Personalized processing instructions
- Complimentary Fresh Coffee for Early Morning Outdoor Shoots
- Lanzhou Railway Station/Airport pick-up & transfer
- Arrival and departure flight/train
- Travel insurance
- Meals (lunch & dinner)
- Gratuity for guide and driver if satisfied
Max. number of participants: 6 | Min. number: 3.
- Participants will be accommodated in the best local hotels, with single occupancy provided.
- The price per participant – USD $2,850 for single occupancy | USD $2,500 for shared occupancy
To ensure a smooth photography experience, it is recommended to bring two cameras, one full frame body with a regular lens and one half frame for a zoom lens, to avoid time spent on lens changes.
A 24-70 and 70-200 lens are necessary for sunrise, while a 70-200 lens is more useful for sunset photography. Additionally, a primary lens with a big aperture (1.4 or 1.8) is recommended for low-light indoor photography.
Tripod and head light/torch light are necessary. It would also be great if you could bring a mini tripod for your mobile phone to capture time-lapse footage during sunrise and sunset.
Polarizer filters and ND filters are optional.
- Deposit: To reserve your spot, a non-refundable deposit of USD 900 is required.
- Full Payment: is due 40 days before the tour begins and can be made via PayPal, Alipay, or Wechat.
- Refund Policy:
- If you are able to find a replacement, a full refund will be issued.
- Cancelling under 30 days before departure grants a 50% balance refund.
- For cancellations between 30 and 15 days before departure, a 25% refund will be given.
- Cancellations made less than 15 days before departure are subject to a 10% refund
- Please note that the initial deposit will be retained
Having years of experience, Mercier Zeng has designed the itinerary for the workshop and will personally lead it.
Mercier has earned over 100 excellent reviews on Trip Advisor after guiding more than 300 photographers from various parts of the world. He has even accompanied some photographers on multiple occasions to Guilin, guiding them since 2014 and helping them capture portfolio-worthy shots, regardless of their level of expertise.
In order to better understand the needs of photographers, Mercier has also traveled to several photography destinations overseas, including Myanmar, Vietnam, Thailand, and New Zealand.
I'm glad to meet you in Xiapu
Come join the tour custom-designed by Mercier Zeng and bring great shots home together!