Xiapu, Lishui & Ou River
Capture the locals' harvest scenes at sunrise, women returning home carrying baskets on shoulders on mudflat in golden light, buffalo farmer couple under the big banyan tree in sunray through trees, all in Xiapu.
June 12-19, 2022
September 9-16, 2022
Xiapu is praised as the most beautiful mudflat in China, with green sea, sliver beach and charming fishing boats. April to May, September to November are the season of seaweed harvesting, best time to photograph the local farmers and fishermen's work scene.
Xiapu arrival by high speed train from Fuzhou or Xiamen, which are connected by international flights from Singapore, US, Canada and European countries.
You will be picked up from Xiapu train station.
Welcome dinner with Mercier and other participants.
After dinner, Mercier will have a short pre-trip instruction in the local photographer's office, and you can also try local famous tea :)
- Photography guide + local pro
- Transportation in private van
- 7 nights accommodation (5-star, best in local)
- All entrance fees to photography locations
- Personal processing instructions
- Fresh Coffee if outdoor in early morning
- Train station pick up and transfer in Xiapu
- Flight/train to Xiapu
- Travel insurance
- Meals (lunch & dinner)
- Tips for guide and driver if satisfied
Max. number of participants: 8; Min. number: 3.
- Accommodation is provided in local best hotels and based on 2-people per room.
- Price per participant – USD $2550 single occupancy | USD $2300 for shared occupancy
Two cameras will be very helpful, it will save your time to change the lenses. Better to have one full frame body with regular lens, and one half frame for zoom lens.
For sunrise, 24-70 and 70-200 are needed; at sunset, 70-200 is more useful.
Besides, if would be great if you have a primary lens with big aperture (1.4 or 1.8) for low light indoor photography.
Tripod is very necessary of course. We prepare at least 2 tripods for backup, you can bring your ball head only and use it on our tripod if concerning about the weight of your luggages.
I don't think you will use polarizer filters or ND filters in Xiapu.
Besides, it will be great if you can bring a mini tripod for your mobile phone, lots of opportunities to film time-lapse when tide coming.
- Deposit: a USD 300 non refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot.
- Full Payment: is required 40 days prior to the tour starts and is accepted by PayPal, Alipay and Wechat.
- Refund Policy:
- a full refund if you could find a replacement.
- there will be a 50% refund of balance payment on cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the scheduled date of departure
- a 25% refund between 30 and 15 days prior date of departure
- a 10% refund on cancellations made less than 15 days of departure
- Initial deposit will be retained.
Mercier Zeng designed the itinerary based on years experience, he will guide the workshop by himself.
Mercier guided 300+ photographers from all over the world, and got over 100 excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. Some photographers traveled with him 3 even 5 times in Guilin. He helped beginners and pros to get the portfolio shots since 2014.
Mercier traveled many photography destinations overseas, like Myanmar, Vietnam, Thailand, New Zealand to get to know more about photographers' needs.