Xiapu & Fujian 2024
This photography workshop presents numerous opportunities to capture the stunning moments of mudflats and immerse oneself in the local culture to create breathtaking photographs of the people and their unique way of life.
The tour starts in Xiapu and finishes in Quanzhou.
Cities Covered: Xiapu - Hui'an - Quanzhou
- Duration 6 days, 5 nights
- Group size Less than 6
- Date June 17-22, 2024
Sept. 03-08, 2024
- Fitness level Easy
- Drone friendly Yes
A taste of what to expect…
Day 1-3: Xiapu Mudflat Exploration
Upon arriving at Xiapu train station, you'll be welcomed and taken to the hotel for a nice dinner with others.
In Yangjiaxi, capture beautiful scenes like a farmer couple with their buffalo under a big tree, locals collecting seaweed, and the golden moments of sunrise and sunset with farmers.
You'll also have the chance to take indoor portraits of a girl weaving, an 80+ years old grandma cooking, and a local woman fixing nets in a spacious house.
Explore many more great photo spots in the area to fill your camera with fantastic images.
Day 4: Hui An
Before going to Hui An, we'll stop in Fu'an County. Here, you can capture locals drying long line noodles on bamboo holders.
In Hui An, explore the daily lives of Hui An women. Capture moments of them dressing up, fixing nets on mudflat rocks, and farming on salt fields. Additionally, during a visit to a local ancient house, take indoor portraits of the locals, creating a diverse collection of photographs to document the unique culture of the area.
Day 5-6: Quanzhou
In Quanzhou, capture photos of the Xun Pu women, also known as fishing women, famous for their colorful dresses and head decorations. This gives you a peek into the locals' fascinating lives.
In Yongchun, spend a day photographing locals making and drying incense—a truly spectacular sight.
Finally, take the train to Xiamen and head home with a memory card full of fantastic photos showcasing the region's beauty and culture.
- Photography guide + local professional
- Private van transportation
- 5-night accommodation (5-star or best in local)
- Inclusive entrance fees to photography locations
- Personalized processing instructions
- Complimentary Fresh Coffee for Early Morning Outdoor Shoots
- Pick-up from Xiapu Railway Station & Transfer to Quanzhou Railway Station
- Arrival and departure flight/train
- Travel insurance
- Meals (lunch & dinner)
- Gratuity for guide and driver if satisfied
Max. number of participants: 6 | Min. number: 3.
- Participants will be accommodated in the best local hotels, with single occupancy provided.
- The price per participant – USD $2250 for single occupancy | USD $2100 for shared occupancy
To ensure a smooth photography experience, it is recommended to bring two cameras, one full frame body with a regular lens and one half frame for a zoom lens, to avoid time spent on lens changes.
A 24-70 and 70-200 lens are necessary for sunrise, while a 70-200 lens is more useful for sunset photography. Additionally, a primary lens with a big aperture (1.4 or 1.8) is recommended for low-light indoor photography.
A tripod is necessary and at least two will be provided as backup. If you are concerned about the weight of your luggage, you can bring only your ball head and use it on one of our tripods. It would also be great if you could bring a mini tripod for your mobile phone to capture time-lapse footage during the tide.
Polarizer filters and ND filters are not required for photography in Xiapu.
- Deposit: To reserve your spot, a non-refundable deposit of USD 600 is required.
- Full Payment: is due 40 days before the tour begins and can be made via PayPal, Alipay, or Wechat.
- Refund Policy:
- If you are able to find a replacement, a full refund will be issued.
- Cancelling under 30 days before departure grants a 50% balance refund.
- For cancellations between 30 and 15 days before departure, a 25% refund will be given.
- Cancellations made less than 15 days before departure are subject to a 10% refund
- Please note that the initial deposit will be retained
Having years of experience, Mercier Zeng has designed the itinerary for the workshop and will personally lead it.
Mercier has earned over 100 excellent reviews on Trip Advisor after guiding more than 300 photographers from various parts of the world. He has even accompanied some photographers on multiple occasions to Guilin, guiding them since 2014 and helping them capture portfolio-worthy shots, regardless of their level of expertise.
In order to better understand the needs of photographers, Mercier has also traveled to several photography destinations overseas, including Myanmar, Vietnam, Thailand, and New Zealand.
I'm glad to meet you in Xiapu
Come join the tour custom-designed by Mercier Zeng and bring great shots home together!