Yunnan: Yuanyang Rice Terraces + Dongchuan Red Land
Capture the breathtaking Yuanyang rice terraces from sunrise to sunset, appreciate the expansive fields of rapeseed flowers and gorgeous red earth, uncover the mysteries of the interplay between light and shadow on reflective surfaces.
Cities Covered: Kunming - Yuanyang - Jianshui - Dongchuan
- Duration 8 days, 7 nights
- Group size 8
- Date March 7-14, 2024
- Fitness level Medium
- Drone friendly Yes
Arrival in Kunming followed by a welcoming dinner at 6 pm, during which the tour leader will provide details about the trip.
Overnight stay in Kunming.
- Photography guiding
- All transportation in the itinerary
- Accomordation (4-star, best in local) for 7 nights
- Personal processing instructions
- Fresh Coffee if outdoor in early morning
- Airport/train station pick up and transfer in Kunming
- Flight/train to Kunming
- Travel insurance
- Tips for guide and driver if satisfied
Max. number of participants: 8; Min. number: 3.
- Accommodation is provided in local best hotels and based on 2-people per room.
- Price per participant – USD $2700 single occupancy | USD $2400 for shared occupancy
Two cameras will be very helpful, it will save your time to change the lenses. Better to have one full frame body with regular lens, and one half frame for zoom lens.
For sunrise, 24-70 and 70-200 are needed; at sunset, 70-200 is more useful.
Besides, if would be great if you have a primary lens with big aperture (1.4 or 1.8) for low light indoor photography.
Tripod is very necessary of course. We prepare at least 2 tripods for backup, you can bring your ball head only and use it on our tripod if concerning about the weight of your luggages.
I don't think you will use polarizer filters or ND filters in Xiapu.
Besides, it will be great if you can bring a mini tripod for your mobile phone, lots of opportunities to film time-lapse when tide coming.
- Deposit: a USD 300 non refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot.
- Full Payment: is required 40 days prior to the tour starts and is accepted by PayPal.
- Refund Policy:
- a full refund if you could find a replacement.
- there will be a 50% refund of balance payment on cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the scheduled date of departure
- a 25% refund between 30 and 15 days prior date of departure
- a 10% refund on cancellations made less than 15 days of departure
- Initial deposit will be retained.
Top Gao has been working as an English-speaking tour guide for almost a decade, and since 2016, he has been specializing in photography tours.
Over the past few years, Top has led over 100 photographers from various parts of the world, and has supported dozens of workshops for photo tour organizations and clubs from the United States and Europe.
With his in-depth knowledge of camera equipment and a unique perspective on composition, Top can help you capture stunning portfolio shots in Yunnan.
I'm glad to meet you in China
Come join the tour custom-designed by Mercier Zeng and bring great shots home together!